Going Through What is Wrong Once in a While
Every so often it’s a good idea to think about what might be wrong with your web presence.
Yea… I know… that’s a hard word… “Wrong.”
For some it may bring back bad memories of an X-Spouse always listing out all of the things that are “wrong with you.”
Or, those one or two bad teachers you had back in the day that always focused on what’s “wrong.”
We’re big boys and girls now.
Plus… Bonus… the X-Spouse has someone new to complain about.
When it comes to your business there’s not much room for gray.
Snowflakes stay away!
Here are some best practices… to make sure the opposite is not going on with your web presence.
- Responsive Design so it looks good on all screens. We started doing this for clients way back in 2010.
- HTTPS… Google has put their “HTTPS Everywhere” initiative in high gear. Giving preference to websites in search that deliver over a secure protocol. (I love our green lock and key on our clients’ sites.)
- Reviews and Ratings. This is not about “defending yourself” against bad reviews. This is about having a system in place to get more and more awesome reviews.
- Good Back Links to Boost SEO. Gotta be careful here. There’s a wrong and right way to do this. BTW… did you know most social media backlinks are “no follow?” That means, linking from certain social media platforms doesn’t do anything for SEO.
- Analytics and Tracking. 90% miss this one. As a result they have no clue what’s going on with their business online.
That’s five. Of course, there are a ton more. Take it slow.