7 Ideas on Getting Traffic to Your Small Business Website
When it comes to generating leads and business online… the key is…
Have numerous sources of web traffic.
Have a bunch of different ways a qualified visitor can find your website.
There is one “source among sources” that reigns supreme.
We will get to that in a second.
But for now… a few traffic ideas for you…
1) Organic Search: A site that is properly built and optimized will scoop up those good prospects looking for information or looking for solutions to problems. Organic SEO has changed a ton in the last few years – but all the changes have reward the players with the most integrity.
2) Paid Search/Display Ads: Let’s use Google here. There are two ways to pay Google for traffic. One is to buy keywords and phrases and pay-per-click. The other is through their display network that will show your ads on relevant sites.
3) Directories: For local businesses – directories can be huge. Creating good “back-links” to your site will elevate your “SEO” and also allow you to scoop up traffic that originates or finds its way to the directories.
4) Content Marketing: Your Blog/News Area. When done right… a good blog/news area can help you in a few ways. Good content will raise your site’s authority. Good content might just get shared by visitors. Each news/blog post can be strategically indexed quickly in Google and Bing.
5) Other forms of Content Marketing: Press releases, press coverage and adding original content to other websites by allowing them to publish your information.
6) Email Marketing/Mobile Apps: Basically any form of communication (that you should be doing) with current client/customers and prospects will drive traffic back to your site.
7) Social Media: Social Media sites can and will generate traffic for you. With the right targeting and strategy you can get social media users over to your website. This is called referral traffic.
And guess how reigns supreme in referral traffic?
Guess which social media network has seen an increase in referring traffic while all of the others have declined…. Facebook. Facebook is generating 23% of all referral traffic.
I hope you’ll work every angle outlined above. Just be sure you do not ignore a solid Facebook strategy.