A simple approach but first about the grain industry
Before we get to this “simple approach”… a side note.
Google Does NOT Call You!
But for years – I have had conversations with business owners who swear they “keep getting calls from Google.”
Google does not call you.
Tons of boiler rooms… mostly based outside of the U.S. make calls and pretend they are from Google.
Worse… TONS of robocalls come in claiming to be from Google.
What these calls have done is similar to what the grain industry did to make Americans fat.
The grain industry convinced Americans that eating tons of carbs was the best base of a diet. Remember the food pyramid?
Brands like Snackwells (in their healthy green package) were consumed by the pound.
“Low Fat” eating was the “in” thing.
Guess… what… obesity rates sky-rocketed!
So that’s what is happening. An army of call centers are convincing business owners that Google calls them.
My advice for a hot bod? None really. I eat what I want. Workout daily and average at least two hours per day on my treadmill desk. Plus… I do “manly” labor jobs to clear my head at one of my four properties. That’s all.
On to the simple approach to only marketing.
While launching a new local biz in the last month – I’ve taken a simple approach to the online marketing.
- A sharp website that looks good and is optimized. It still amazes me how business owners don’t care about how their sites look. Prospects visit websites – even if just for a second to get… a “ya or na” feeling from the biz. Optimized and indexed in Google so it climbs in ranking organically.
- Google My Biz. Taking advantage of all their new features. We had a deal that mentioned the promo I put on there.
- Local SEO – via listings and re-indexing the site through webmaster tools. And adding a few blogs here and there.
- Google Adwords. It’s a new biz so it’s up against all of the competition who has been there for a while. Using Google Adwords is a little “Ace” to rise higher in search.
- Facebook/Instagram: Simple. Putting out regular content that looks good. Also every post has the mission to drive users to the website. And – I back the best posts with ads carefully targeted.
We’ll do more. I haven’t begun to add email marketing to the mix yet. That’s coming.