Twitter is Not for Small Business Marketing
I’m done with this.
It dawned on me.
While I was encouraging others not to waste time on this.
Here I was wasting time writing about it.
I’m talking about Twitter.
But here is why I find it hard to stop.
Every once in a while… but certainly not as often as a couple of years ago… I see people wrongly telling small biz owners how important Twitter is to their marketing.
And it is sad because the small biz clients, colleagues and friends I have don’t have time to waste.
Don’t worry… FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) does not apply to Twitter. You’re cool if you’re not on there!
In fact… if you want to help waste your competitor’s time so you can swoop in – hope they go on Twitter and putz around a little. Show them the way.
1) Twitter stock is way too high right now. It’s just a matter of time before Wall Street begins to crush it.
2) Twitter is a “good old boys/girls club.” If you are an author or a consultant and you got there early you might do OK.
3) New users have a hard time getting followers. (Twitter does wonders for their self-confidence.)
4) As time progresses it will become clear. Twitter is for big brands and celebrities.
5) Twitter is not for small business folks.
I predict Twitter will become a very “niche social network.”
I predict Twitter’s stock price will go way down – very soon.
And as always… Like I Have Told You Before… If you are kicking butt with something – keep at it. As in… If Twitter is working for you – keep using it.
We are doing a few Facebook Marketing Check-Ups This Week.
You can run your Facebook Marketing through our check up right here…
And keep an eye out later this week… I will be doing some short webinars for you and would love your input.
In the words of Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson’s Character in Pulp Fiction)…
“Be Cool Like